Network Systems Engineer
Franklin, TN (Remote)
Quik Q, LLC is looking for an energetic, Network Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Quick Q LLC is a rapidly growing transaction and payment processing company in the transportation industry located in Franklin TN. We are the only provider in the industry with a robust card-less RFID solution.
The Network Systems Engineer installs, configures, and maintains systems, monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues, and deploys solutions. This position requires the ability to plan and implement upgrades, install new equipment, create and maintain a disaster recovery plan, and has a focus on network security and Linux system security. Knowledge of Linux servers required.
Key Responsibilities of the Network Systems Engineer
- Install/Patch/Upgrade Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu)
- Puppet/Ansible/Chef experience (Puppet preferred)
- Knowledge of Firewall and Network Security products (Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Palo Alto)
- Monitor network utilization and performance.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain an inventory of network connected systems.
- Troubleshoot OSPF issues.
- Troubleshoot client wireless issues.
- Perform routine firewall rule maintenance/updates.
- Maintain and configure network load balancers.
- Troubleshoot connected systems (Linux and Windows Server)
- Work on complex tasks
- When required, assist in information gathering.
- Be a part of the company’s continuous improvement efforts.
Skills & Experience Required
- AS or BS in associated field of studies preferred and 5 years of professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Linux servers required.
- Knowledge of Cisco networking gear
- Knowledge of enterprise wireless systems
- Tomcat, Windows server knowledge a plus
- Ability to write scripts for data extraction or system automation tasks (PERL, Python, Bash, etc.)
- RADIUS or TACACS+ knowledge
- OSPF design and implementation
- DNS and DHCP knowledge
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively interact with and relate to audiences of all levels.
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and should remain professional in high pressure situations.
- Ability to solve problems using data from multiple sources.
- High level of customer service and etiquette to quickly address client/user concerns.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Able to retain and protect confidential material.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to work in the US without Sponsorship.
- Puppet/Ansible/Chef experience required.
- Linux/VMware Required
If you desire a permanent position in an exciting environment with lots of opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please send us your resume.
What's In It for Me?
- Competitive base salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits – certain plans paid 100%
- Generous 401k program
- 3 weeks paid vacation & 9 paid holidays
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Great working environment
- Continuous training, coaching and development within a helpful and encouraging environment.
- Employee referral program
- Employee assistance program